Biometric recordings are great for taking a snapshot of your health at that moment in time. Your biometric results are not displayed real time, so do think of it as a snapshot of the time you're recording.
It is important to keep in mind that you DO NOT need to do biometrics recordings throughout the day, as we take readings several times an hour automatically.
This is only useful for when you want to gather data for that moment in time, much like how you would at a doctor's office when taking your pulse.
The Biostrap Wristband analyzes thousands of heart-beats every 24 hour period, telling you more about your health, and your body’s most important organ – the heart.
Biostrap can display resting heart rate, heart rate variability, blood oxygen saturation, respiratory rate.
Steps to Record Biometric on demand
- Click on the "Record" tab
- Choose the "Biometrics" option and click "Start"
- It is important to stay as still and calm as possible to get the most accurate reading.
- You may stop the time at any time, but the more readings we get, the better the results, generally.
- After stopping the recording, data will synchronize from the wristband to your phone. Please make sure your phone is near your wristband so that connection between phone and wristband is not lost.
- After syncing is done, your data will be analyzed by the servers.
- Shortly after that, the results of your biometric recording will be presented, as shown below. If any of the biometric matrix could not be captured, it will be shown as “- -“.
Note: Heart rate needs at least 30 seconds. Heart Rate Variability needs at least 1 minute and Respiratory Rate and Oxygen Saturation needs at least 2 minutes.