How do I train an exercise?
- After a new exercise is created, you will land on the following page.
Go to Account page by clicking on Account tab.
- Click on My Exercise Library
- Exercises which are not trained will have "Not Trained" appended to the exercise name
- Click on the “…” three dots next to the untrained exercise.
- Re-Training an exercise with was trained previously
If any one of your exercises gets misclassified every time, it may be because you might not have trained it properly. You may want to retrain that exercise again.
Steps to retain an exercise
- Go to Account Page
- Click on My Exercise Library
- From the list of your exercises, locate the one which you want to retrain.
- Click on “…” three dots, next to that exercise name.
- The app will show you a 5 seconds’ countdown. Get into position for your exercise.
- After the 5 seconds’ countdown, you will have 60 seconds to perform your exercise.
- You do not have to train for the entire minute -- you can end the training at any time. What is important is that you make sure you do 8-12 reps with consistent and repetitive movements when training.
- If the exercise requires weights, try to add only a small amount of weight. We found that it's better to add a small resistance instead of trying to perform the exercise in the air.
- If you can do well beyond 12 reps, then more is better.
- Make sure the wristband and shoeclip are fastened securely. Your devices should not wiggle around while moving.
- If you are having trouble training an exercise, please make sure you follow the tips above. If you are still having issues, shoot over an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll assist you right away.
If you have done these three steps but still have no luck, we recommend trying again later.
How do I add new exercises to my Exercise Library?
Currently, there is no limit to how many exercises you can add and train within our app! The more exercises you have, the longer time it may take our activity engine to classify and track your workouts. Settings > Exercise Library > + icon on top ...
How can Biostrap track or recognize any exercise or activity?
Biostrap can be made to learn any repetitious activity. With our wristband-shoeclip pairing, Biostrap provides comprehensive data unmatched by other wearable products on the market. We monitor heart rate, blood oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, ...
How do I edit an exercise that has been misclassified?
When you expand on a classified exercise within a recorded workout session, you will see the option to Delete or Edit the classification. Click Edit, then the Correct Exercise page will come up (last screenshot)
How to Enter Weight while recording a Gym Exercise
How to Enter Weights during the Gym Workout: Click on the Record Tab. You will navigate to the Record Tab. Click on START button next to Workout to start the workout session. If you have External HRM (Heart-Rate Monitor) device attached with the ...
How do I record my workout session?
One of the biggest differentiators in Biostrap's offering is the Activity Classifier! Once you train the device to recognize exercises, you can record your workout sessions. Prerequisite for starting a workout session You must wear both wristband and ...