How does Biostrap compare to other wearable devices?
Most of the wearable devices in the market today are pedometers with some basic sleep analysis and heart rate tracking.
Our goal with Biostrap is to be an overall health platform that provides deep insights into your health, and goes beyond just counting steps taken.
Biostrap provides advanced biometrics, activity classification and sleep stage analysis.
- Advanced Biometrics: A lot of information is encoded in your pulse waveform. We take a high-definition snapshot of biometric data such as Resting Heart Rate, Heart Rate Variability, Oxygen Saturation and Respiratory Rate.
- Sleep Stage Analysis: Understand how well you slept! Our advanced sleep tracking tells you how long you slept and in which stages of sleep - matched up with your biometric recordings throughout the night.
a. Sleep Lab - Our optional subscription-based module allows you to take even more biometrics during sleep, track arm and leg movement, record snoring, and displays your sleep report in a PDF document.
- Activity Classification: We can classify 20+ activities. You can use our platform for fitness to track reps and sets in the gym as well as for cycling or running.
- Full Body Tracking: Again, this is unique to us. While wristbands can only track your upper body movements, we also use a shoe clip which helps us know about your full body movements.
When comparing to other devices, it's important to compare the features you're looking for.
Biostrap will not notify you of text messages or the weather, but we provide biometric data appreciated by doctors and fitness professionals alike!
Feel free to check out our latest comparison chart to see how we stack up against others on the market: https://biostrap.link/comparison-sheet
How do I connect my Biostrap devices?
Once you download the Biostrap app on your iOS or Android mobile device, it will guide you through the setup process and help you connect to your devices. To connect your devices: Make sure the devices are charged Make sure Bluetooth is on Android ...
How do I charge my Biostrap devices, and how long will the battery last?
Keeping your Biostrap devices charged is easy! We recommend charging your device daily and keeping your battery above 20% at all times. You can always check the battery status of your devices in on the Settings page in the Biostrap app. With normal ...
Does Biostrap track active heart rate?
Short answer is: YES, you can see active HR in the Biostrap app with an external heart rate monitor! With the wristband device by itself, it’s important to note that we don’t currently take continuous or real-time measurements - including measuring ...
My Biostrap keeps disconnecting from the app
Occasionally when opening the app, the devices may appear disconnected until the app comes into the foreground. The app will try to re-establish the connection, which should take anywhere between 5 to 20 seconds. From here on, the devices should ...
How do I wear my Biostrap EVO?
1. The Biostrap EVO device is NOT waterproof. It can withstand small splashes, but DO NOT submerge it in water or use it in a sauna. 3. While inserting the biosensor inside the band socket, make sure the notch on the biosensor is facing upward and ...