How does Biostrap track sleep?
Biostrap tracks sleep in two ways:
- With our standard auto-sleep detection.
- With our optional sleep subscription feature, Sleep Lab.
With our standard sleep tracking, Biostrap auto-detects sleep data and displays:
- Sleep Score - The quality of today’s sleep session with respect to the quality of your sleep sessions over the last 3 to 30 days
- Sleep Stages Graph (awake, light, deep)
- Graph of disturbances (none, mild, moderate, severe)
- List of Time spent in Bed, Awake, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep
- Number of awakenings
- Display of sleep onset and wakeup time
- Daily View: Biometrics graphs showing Resting HR, SpO2, HRV, Respiratory Rate for that sleep session
- Weekly, Monthly, Annual views: Graphs of Movement Trends (none, mild, moderate, severe), SpO2 Trends (good, fair, low, poor)
With the Sleep Lab subscription, Biostrap provides a more comprehensive sleep analysis with features such as:
More frequent biometric recordings (every 2 minutes)
Contributing factors and penalties that impacted the sleep score
Arm and leg disturbances as well as snoring level recordings
Here are some screenshots of an example sleep session!
Does Biostrap track REM sleep?
In terms of sleep stages, we currently capture with Biostrap, light sleep is what we are characterizing as stages 1 and 2 in clinical terms. Deep sleep is stages 3 and 4. Biostrap currently classifies REM under "deep" sleep. For more information on ...
How can Biostrap track or recognize any exercise or activity?
Biostrap can be made to learn any repetitious activity. With our wristband-shoeclip pairing, Biostrap provides comprehensive data unmatched by other wearable products on the market. We monitor heart rate, blood oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, ...
What do the Biostrap wristband and activity pod track?
Your Biostrap wristband and activity pod can track your daily biometrics and activities. The Wristband records your steps, sleep, calories burned, resting heart rate, heart rate variability, respiratory rate and blood oxygen saturation. Biostrap's ...
Understanding Sleep Score
The Sleep Score is a relative measure of the quality of today’s sleep session with respect to the quality of your Biostrap sleep sessions over the past 3 to 30 days. The sleep score calculation uses the following 10 factors: Total Sleep Time Sleep ...
What is Sleep Lab?
Sleep Lab is the most comprehensive sleeping tool yet, available through the Biostrap app as a subscription in both our iOS and Android apps! The standard Biostrap sleep tracking functionality remains free. Sleep Lab The new features that are part ...