How to Attached External Heart Rate Monitor to Biostrap (Android)
How to Attach External Heart Rate Monitor to Biostrap
- Click on the Account Tab. You will navigate to the Account Page, as shown below in the screenshot-1.
- Click on “+ Add Devices” menu item.
- Biostrap will scan for External Heart-Rate Monitor (HRM) device. Please make sure the HRM device which you want to connect is turned ON. Biostrap will list all the devices discovered. If ONLY one device is discovered, it will be automatically connected to the Biostrap App.
- You will be navigated to the Account page and will show the name of the HRM device that was connected.
How to Enter Weights during the Gym Workout.
- Click on the Record Tab. You will navigate to the Record Tab.
- Click on START button next to Workout to start the workout session.
- If you have External HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) device attached with the Biostrap:
- The App will show a page with two tabs, HR Tracker and Weight Lifting Tracker.
- HR Tracker - This tab will show the actual Heart-Rate Graph, the data coming from your External HRM device.
- Weight Lifting Tracker - This is where you enter weights. After finishing a set you can enter the weight you used for your previous set, either by clicking on Enter Manually link OR clicking on microphone image and saying the weight verbally.
How do I pair my external heart rate monitor (HRM) to Biostrap for active heart rate?
We're super excited to have this integrated solution for active heart rate! We released this for iOS in September 2017, and released it for Android in March 2018. We have successfully tested with the following devices: Polar H7 Polar H10 Polar OH1 ...
Does Biostrap track active heart rate?
Short answer is: YES, you can see active HR in the Biostrap app with an external heart rate monitor! With the wristband device by itself, it’s important to note that we don’t currently take continuous or real-time measurements - including measuring ...
Why do I need an external heart rate monitor?
The Biostrap wristband biosensor uses Infrared LEDs as an optical PPG sensor, which can record a very high-definition pulse; however, movement disrupts the sensor's accuracy and data integrity. Therefore, Biostrap offers two different external heart ...
How should I record activities with the external heart rate monitor?
With one of our external heart rate monitoring (Arm Band or Chest Strap), you will be able to see real-time HRV and record your active heart rate as well as exercise zones. Plus, during an indoor cardio activity, such as Cycling, Treadmill, ...
Why can't Biostrap currently track active heart rate?
Biostrap utilizes a clinical-quality PPG sensor with RED and InfraRed LEDs, whereas FitBit (and most of the other wearables) use GREEN LEDS. Red & IR are capable of penetrating much deeper into the tissue which helps us get very high-definition pulse ...