How to use the Biostrap Chest Strap HRM
The Biostrap Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitor tracks real-time heart rate and heart rate variability allowing you to follow your heart rate progression by exercise zone during a workout.
This will give you data backing up how intense your workouts are and accurately measure caloric expenditure. And, this also gives you an opportunity to structure your workouts more effectively based on your goals.
We calculate five zones that are individualized based on your resting heart rate and estimated or calculated maximum heart rate:
2. fat burning
4. hardcore training
5. maximum effort.
How to set up and record your workout using your Biostrap Chest Strap
- Before using the chest strap for the first time, make sure a coin battery is inside. These batteries have a life of around 300 hours, but you can always keep track of it in your Biostrap app. It’s not a rechargeable device, so make sure to have batteries at hand when you see it running low.
- There’s no button, so you won’t have to turn anything on and off. To begin, attach the heart rate sensor to the chest strap, marked 'L' towards Left, ‘R’ towards right.
- Adjust the length of the chest strap so that it can be fastened tightly but comfortably to your body. Be sure that the electrode areas are firmly against your skin and the sensor is in central position.
- It will automatically detect your heart rate and when it does, you’ll hear it beep twice and the circle will blink green. If you are having difficulty pairing, please wet the inside of the chest strap to improve the conductivity.
- Make sure to have the heart rate monitor on while pairing it with your Biostrap app. If you aren't wearing the heart rate monitor, it will be in sleep mode and the Biostrap app will not find it.
- To pair it with your Biostrap app, select "Settings" at the bottom of the main dashboard > Select Add device > Tap Locate Device.
- As it pairs, the blue light will start to flash on the chest strap. You’ll hear the chest strap beep twice again indicating that pairing was successful.
- Going back to the main dashboard, you’ll see your active heart rate and active heart rate variability show up.
- When you start recording your workout, you’ll see a graph decrease and increase based on your heart rate progression.
- When you’re done, just unclip the strap, take it off and you’ll hear it beep once as it turns off automatically.
After your initial pairing with the Biostrap app, the chest monitor will connect when being worn and when in range of the phone. Then, record your workout!
Click here to access the full user manual for the Biostrap Chest Strap HRM for device-specific details.
Does Biostrap track active heart rate?
Short answer is: YES, you can see active HR in the Biostrap app with an external heart rate monitor! With the wristband device by itself, it’s important to note that we don’t currently take continuous or real-time measurements - including measuring ...
How do I wear the Biostrap EVO Strap 2.0?
The Strap 2.0 can be worn however is most comfortable for you, as long as you wear it the same way every time! This is especially important for recording workouts. There are two styles of pegs in the Strap 2.0: Version 1: smaller bulb part, pops back ...
How do I pair my external heart rate monitor (HRM) to Biostrap for active heart rate?
We're super excited to have this integrated solution for active heart rate! We released this for iOS in September 2017, and released it for Android in March 2018. We have successfully tested with the following devices: Polar H7 Polar H10 Polar OH1 ...
Does Biostrap work with Crossfit or HIIT?
The best way to use Biostrap with Crossfit is recording it as an activity, and adding the Biostrap heart rate monitor at the same time. Record > Activity > Crossfit Recording (without the HRM)
What is and how to use the Cardio Coach?
When using the Biostrap external heart rate monitor, you can access our Cardio Coach feature when selecting a featured activity such as running, elliptical, rowing machine, cycling, stair stepper. The Cardio Coach will present a suggested a time as ...