Understanding Sleep Score
The Sleep Score is a relative measure of the quality of today’s sleep session with respect to the quality of your Biostrap sleep sessions over the past 3 to 30 days.
The sleep score calculation uses the following 10 factors:
- Total Sleep Time
- Sleep Goal
- Deep Sleep Percentage
- Total Number of Awakenings
- Sleep Latency (when sleep is recorded manually)
- Total Awake Time (between sleep wake-up and onset time)
- Average HR during the sleep duration.
- Arm & Leg Disturbance
- Snoring Disturbance
- Number of Low SPO2 readings during the sleep
Sleep Score Penalties - Computed as follows:
- Latency Penalty - Penalty is computed when latency is greater than 20 minutes.
- Awakenings Penalties - Penalty is computed when total number of awakenings are greater than certain number.
- Deep Sleep Penalty - Penalty is computed when Deep Sleep percentage is lesser than 35%.
- Arm & Leg Disturbance Penalty - Penalty is computed based upon number of minutes of mild, moderate, and several movements.
- Snoring Disturbance Penalty - Penalty is computed based upon number of minutes of mild, moderate, and several movements.
- High Average-HR Penalty - When average-HR during the sleep is higher than “Average HR” for last 30 days of sleep.
Note - We do not use RHR, but instead, we use the average of all the HR readings during the sleep session.
- Low SPO2 Penalty - Penalty is computed based upon number of SPO2 readings below 95.
Note - You may see “Low SPO2 Penalty” even if your average SPO2 is same as the baseline. Because, there may be few readings which are below 95, even though average is same as the baseline.
Sleep Score is computed by subtracting penalties from 100 and then multiplying it by Sleep Goal Achieved and Sleep Efficiency.
Understanding the Sleep Detail page
Sleep is extremely important for overall health! When wearing your wristband device at night, you're able to capture sleep data and learn more about your recovery. Your Biostrap Dashboard shows you a summary of how many hours and minutes you slept, ...
Does Biostrap show a recovery score?
Yes, we recently debuted our Recovery Score! We compute the Recovery Score using today's resting heart rate, nocturnal HRV, Sleep Score, and sleep efficiency. RHR Factor - We don't use the baseline Resting Heart Rate for the Recovery Score. Instead, ...
What is Sleep Lab?
Sleep Lab is the most comprehensive sleeping tool yet, available through the Biostrap app as a subscription in both our iOS and Android apps! The standard Biostrap sleep tracking functionality remains free. Sleep Lab The new features that are part ...
How does Biostrap track sleep?
Biostrap tracks sleep in two ways: With our standard auto-sleep detection. With our optional sleep subscription feature, Sleep Lab. With our standard sleep tracking, Biostrap auto-detects sleep data and displays: Sleep Score - The quality of today’s ...
How do you differentiate light sleep and deep sleep?
Light sleep is what we are characterizing as stages 1 and 2 in clinical terms. Deep sleep is stages 3 and 4. For more information on these stages, we recommend the website www.sleep.org