What do the Biostrap wristband and activity pod track?
Your Biostrap wristband and activity pod can track your daily biometrics and activities.
The Wristband records your steps, sleep, calories burned, resting heart rate, heart rate variability, respiratory rate and blood oxygen saturation.
Biostrap's clinical-grade PPG (or heart rate) sensors in the wristband capture a highly detailed view of your heartbeat waveform.
This collected information will be available to you on your mobile device, and can be shared with a doctor or trainer with our Remote Monitoring feature!
With our standard sleep tracking, Biostrap auto-detects sleep data and displays:
- Sleep Score - The quality of today’s sleep session with respect to the quality of your sleep sessions over the last 3 to 30 days
- Sleep Stages Graph (awake, light, sleep)
- Graph of disturbances (none, mild, moderate, severe)
- List of Time spent in Bed, Awake, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep
- Number of awakenings
- Display of sleep onset and wakeup time
- Daily View: Biometrics graphs showing Resting HR, SpO2, HRV, Respiratory Rate for that sleep session
- Weekly, Monthly, Annual views: Graphs of Movement Trends (none, mild, moderate, severe), SpO2 Trends (good, fair, low, poor)
We do not detect or diagnose any diseases or illnesses.
The Activity Pod is useful for tracking activities and can be used in conjunction with the Wristband for full-body motion analysis. It provides three main functionalities:
- Activity Classification - The activity pod crucial for recording work outs with our activity classification feature - https://biostrap.com/activity-classification
- Sleep Lab - Record leg movements when wearing the ankle strap to sleep while sleeping with our optional subscription - https://biostrap.com/sleep-lab/
- Step Counting - We recommend choosing the option to use the activity pod for counting steps, as it does a better job of counting passive steps than the wristband.
How can Biostrap track or recognize any exercise or activity?
Biostrap can be made to learn any repetitious activity. With our wristband-shoeclip pairing, Biostrap provides comprehensive data unmatched by other wearable products on the market. We monitor heart rate, blood oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, ...
Can an activity be recorded without the Activity Pod
Yes, any activities may be recorded with just the wristband, but we recommend also using one of our external heart rate monitors — the Arm Band or the Chest Strap — for accurate caloric expenditure calculations. To have GPS tracking for your ...
How do I wear my Biostrap EVO?
1. The Biostrap EVO device is NOT waterproof. It can withstand small splashes, but DO NOT submerge it in water or use it in a sauna. 3. While inserting the biosensor inside the band socket, make sure the notch on the biosensor is facing upward and ...
Does Biostrap track active heart rate?
Short answer is: YES, you can see active HR in the Biostrap app with an external heart rate monitor! With the wristband device by itself, it’s important to note that we don’t currently take continuous or real-time measurements - including measuring ...
What size is the wristband?
Our standard wristband circumference ranges from 4.72-7.87" long and 3/4" wide. The Strap 2.0 is about 9.5" long total, and can buckle in a range from 6.75-8.75": https://shop.biostrap.com/products/strap2-0 For our friends outside of the USA, this is ...